I work with clients in two ways.
Some hire me for one-off assignments – proofreading, writing a customer testimonial or success story, writing content for a new website, etc.
I work for others on a regular/ongoing basis as a consultant, handling a range of day-to-day or week-to-week writing, communication or social media responsibilities. This works out well for clients who want consistent help with their communications and marketing, but don’t have enough work to warrant a full-time position.
I generally charge by the hour, and my rates vary according to the type of work involved (i.e., I charge more for copywriting and less for proofreading).
The work I do for clients includes:
- Creating or overhauling content for websites.
- Writing and editing blogs, newsletters and magazines.
- Pulling together straightforward, simple websites on the WordPress platform.
- Writing content for company pages on social media hubs such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Handling organizations’ social media presence on those hubs; posting news, specials and links to content that will make your posts valuable to your followers/potential customers or supporters.
- Writing and editing case studies, white papers and product marketing materials.
- Line-editing, copyediting and proofing everything from business proposals to Web content to magazines.Development and fund-raising communications.
- Collaborating with instructional designers to build online education or training tools.
- Script-writing for Webcasts or online learning.
- Coaching high school students on how to think of/choose a great story to tell in their college application essays (this, after learning firsthand that teenagers sometimes need the input of someone other than their parents to find the story they need to tell).
Just shoot me an email for more information on projects and rates.